With constant planning and striving, Lunghwa University of Science and Technology finally overcame all the difficulties and was upgraded as the first private university of science and technology in northern Taiwan. Now as planned, after the construction of all new school buildings was completed, we have invited qualified faculties and excellent experts from various professional fields to teach in Lunghwa. Lunghwa will continue providing itself with a refreshing environment for teaching and learning. To create a perfect educational environment and support specialized teaching, we have also built up University Library, National Conference Center, Art Center, and Lunghwa Cyber university system:
- Founded in 1969, the University Library has gone through several reconstructions. It is currently an 8-story building, covering a total of 5,892 square meters, located on scenic Lunghwa Slope. The library supports the teaching, research and service goals of Lunghwa University, with an outstanding collection of 210,000 volumes and 600 periodicals in several languages. Computer facilities at the library are automated and linked to the TANet and the campus LAN. Resource sharing through links with OPAC and WWW are also available.
- There are various artistic exhibitions and presentations in Art Center, which creates the esthetic and artistic atmosphere among teachers and students on campus.
- In the advanced National Conference Center, the transnational conference can be held synchronically with live broadcasting on the Internet.
- The system of Lunghwa Cyber university provides teachers teaching on-line and students learning with distance learning.
- The function of wireless access net-work creates the learning environment everywhere on campus.