Home / FAQ


play picture

Q:What is LHU’s policy for health insurance?

According to Article 21 of Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan, when registering with their intended institutions, new international students must attach their medical and injury insurance policies, which they purchased in foreign countries, covering a valid period of no less than 4 months starting from the day when they entered Taiwan. Returning international students must attach policies regarding Taiwan’s national health insurance and other pertinent coverage plans. The foregoing insurance policies purchased in foreign countries must be authenticated by Taiwan’s overseas representative office. International students who plan to study for more than one semester at LHU must apply for an Alien Resident Certificate (ARC). Four months after the acquisition of their ARCs, the Office of Student Affairs will automatically process the purchase of National Health Insurance for these students. Since health insurance is not included in the tuition, each of these students will need to pay 4,494 NTD per semester (749 NTD for 6 months).

Q:Where should I go if I need to see a doctor?

A physician is available at the Health Center (S101) from 10 AM to 12 PM, and a school nurse is available from 8:30 AM to 9:00 PM (Mon-Fri). If you need further medical assistance, please visit the Health Center for a referral.

Q:How do I apply for a student ID?

If you are an exchange student at LHU, you will not be provided with a student ID. If you are registered in a regular academic program, please go to the Registrar’s Section and pick up your registration envelope. After you fill all the forms and complete the registration process, you can acquire your student ID.

Q:How do I apply for a library card?

If you are an exchange student, please fill in an application form, attach a headshot photo and a photocopy of your passport, and submit it to the Office of Student Affairs. If you are studying in a regular academic program, your student ID will function as your library card; you need not apply for a library card separately. Download Application Form

Q:How do I connect to the internet in my dorm room?

Wireless service is not available in the LHU dormitories. You will require a cable, and possibly a hub to connect to the internet. When you connect to the LHU network for the first time, please follow the instructions shown on the welcome page. Use your LHU email address (student ID number@ms.lhu.edu.tw) as your username and your student ID number as the password. If you need to borrow a cable or hub, please contact your dorm manager.

Q:Is there a list of courses I can refer to?

Please go to https://www.lhu.edu.tw/system.asp for information on courses.

Q:How does mail delivery work on campus?

Regular mail will be picked up by the dormitory staff every day and handed to the recipients by the floor manager. For packages and registered mail, please go to https://www.lhu.edu.tw/NUserAp/D30/D30A01/QueryLetterN.aspx to check if your name is on the mail-claiming list. To claim your package/registered mail, please sign in at the Documentation Section located on 6F, Fa-Min Building in person.